I Won a Liebster Award!!
Rules to accept the award:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated.
- Nominate 10 blogs of your own & let them know with a link to your post.
- Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer in their post.
- Share a couple random facts about yourself.
Questions from PR Book Reviews:
1. How long have you been reading for?
I started reading when I was very young. I have always loved books but in the early 1990’s I developed a passion for them.
2. What was the first book that you fell in love with?
OK, I am embarrassed to say it was Green, Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. Does that make me weird?
3. What are you currently reading?
Marriage in Middlebury by Anita Higman
4. How many book signings have you been to?
5. Do you prefer e books or paperbacks?
Hmmm this is a tough one. I love ebooks for the portability but I will always have a place in my heart for paper books. There’s just something about holding one in your hand and feeling connected with it.
6. What’s one tip/pointer you would give to a new blogger?
If you are a book reviewer don’t overwhelm yourself. Receiving new books from publishers and authors is exciting but remember to pace yourself. No matter how fast you can read you should always make a lighter schedule so you can have some “Me” time.
7. Why do you blog?
Honestly, I started blogging just to help and support the authors I love. I have read tons of books and I never realized how much a simple review helps an author. Once I realized the importance I knew I wanted to share my opinions and blogging seemed like the most logical way to do that.
8. How long does it take you to read a book?
Depending on the size 3-4 days.
9. Would you rather have something to drink or snack on while reading? (tea, popcorn, candy, coffee)
Drink – Diet Coke from McDonalds!
10. Did you feel welcomed to the book blogging community when first starting your blogging?
When I first started I have to admit it could be depressing. I couldn’t seem to get followers or commenters and that was a hard thing. But now it’s all good. I have to say that the authors have always been very supportive. My first comment on my FB fan page was from Author Miralee Ferrell telling me she would support me in any way she could. I have met some very sweet authors through reviewing books.
A few facts about myself:
- My favorite type of book has always been 1800’s western romances. I’ll read most anything but this is where my heart is.
- I LOVE animals. Kitties are my favorite cuddle buddies.
- I prefer coffee over tea and cold tea over hot tea.
- I would LOVE to visit Ireland and Hawaii. It’s a dream of mine.
- I would LOVE to attend one of the big reader / writer conventions and meet my favorite authors!
- High on Books
- Books, Etc.
- Queen Ella Bee Reads
- Just a Couple More Pages
- Stacey Nash
- Book Lovers for Life
- Read Love Laugh
- Live to Read, Love to Read!
- Inspiring Insomnia
Questions for My Nominees:
- What book fueled your passion for reading?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Have you ever been to a book convention?
- If you could turn any book into a movie what book would you choose?
- Historical or contemporary?
- Are you the only reader in your family or do other family members share your love of books?
- Do you prefer stand-alone books or series?
- What inspires you?
- Do you prefer author review requests or would you rather be in control of the books you review?